Make Money Blogging – Hosting
Yes, you can make money Blogging, hundreds, no thousands are doing it, here is the next step.
Now for a list of the necessary steps to become a Blogger.
Thats a short list and each step will be covered as this and other posts are writen.
Part 2 – Hosting
So that takes care of the who. Now for a list of the necessary steps to become a Blogger.
- Start a Blog – Part 1
- Acquire Hosting
- Autoresponder service
- Blog Daily
- Backlink everything
Who will host your site? There are many companies that would love to host your site. Two excellent compaanies are Hostgator and Bluehost. I use Hostgator as do many online Bloggers and Internet Marketers I have heard excellent reviews of Bluehost and others.
Check out both sites and choose one. With Hostgator I chose the Baby Plan. It provides Unlimited Hosting, so you can host many dotcoms with just one monthly fee. Pretty cool!
One of the benefits of Hostgator is that you can use any of several platforms. Including Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress. For Blogging especially WordPress is the way to go. It simplifies many of the otherwise tooo techie things that make you blogging experience so much Fun.
You can Choose from hundreds of available free themes and install them with the click of a button. Don’t like it? No Problem, choose another and change quickly.
Also with wordpress you have plugins which further enhances the flexibility of your site and its management. Some popular Plugins are:
- Google XML Sitemaps – A must have
- WP Google Analytics – needed to keep track of whats happening and from where
- FD Feedburner – RSS Feeds are a great way to get backlinks, traffic, notice, etc
- Link Within – Great way to keep your readers engaged
- Print Friendly and PDF – I love this, when I see a post I like to print it or PDF it or
- Email This Page – Again I want to be able to share through email easily, this one does that…
- Affiliate Link Cloaking – If you are going to monetize this helps hide your affiliate link, its a safety thing, use it
- Add Post URL – Sometimes you need to add things to every post, this makes it easy
- All-in-One SEO Pack – Yes, everyone uses this, helps with Onpage SEO
- Disqus Comment System – Want lots of interaction with your readers, this is it!
- WP Touch – Want to go Mobile? A Must of Offline Businesses
These are plenty but we are not stuck in a time bubble, so check every now and then and see whats coming along. So for today, Host your site and install your plugins and start personalizing your site. Get the right look through Themes, and functionality with the help of plugins. Read, learn to use these things. Takes a little time but most are highly intuitive.
The Bumbling Blogger
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!